Wednesday, June 1, 2016

The Forgetful Acrobat and other interesting stuff!

If you've been reading my blog for any length of time, you know there's quite a lot of weird occurrences that can happen inside of a cab, beyond the more mundane stuff like trips to Penn Station you can meet all sorts of varieties of characters for example TV personalities, billionaires, 7 foot tall cross dressers, and beautiful models .. and when objects are moving around the city bad or good things can happen, accidents, violence, fights, disputes, weird conversations, sex and more. Here is a memorable incident that happened just recently.... 



The Forgetful Acrobat! I had a funny mishap with a wallet just recently. Occasionally passengers forget their money. I stopped for a straight acting type dude, a gray-haired 40-ish man wearing sneakers and athletic clothes and carrying a backpack at 7th Avenue and 20th headed south. The ride was conversation free. We get in and we ride to 12th Street and Broadway near NYU. This was where the fun began. He feels his pocket, then he says oh woops I think I forgot my wallet “shit,” “f*ck” he says. Then he suggests we go back and get it. After this I ask him if he's got money in his apartment – sometimes passengers can burn you and you end up losing the fare, mostly this happens when somebody is really trashed! So we turn around and go back across 11th Street then across 13th, then Greenwich Avenue, to 8th Avenue and then we take a right on 20th Street back in Chelsea. Cutting down 20th Street  we pass a police precinct. Then we pull upto a building and I park across the street on the left side – I know this building well its like an Art Deco place that ive been to before .….. he then proceeds to leave his bag in the back while he goes back in. Here is where more craziness happens. I hang out for a few minutes while I wait and I feel a bit sorry for this guy's misfortune. Next I see him come bolting out of his old building's door. Unfortunately as he was running across 20th Street another cab comes down the street and oops, the guy hits the front of the other cabs hood, flips into the air doing a 360 degree spin ala Jackie Chan! The other cabbie jams on the breaks, and waits for him to back up he stops. Now the other cab speeds up and moves on by and my passenger comes over to the other side. OOPS! Narrow miss on that one. Next up he gets in the cab and the poor man says “I couldn’t find it so I had to ask my doorman for some money” he said nervously. “Oh, ok.” At least he will not be ripping me off. He then proceeds to check his backpack. Poor man, now he tells me that his wallet is inside his backpack and its been there the whole time! Now he begins screaming expletives, “oh sh*t, oh f*ck!” As we ride, he continues to curse at himself repeating the words “oh sh*t, oh f*ck!” “oh sh*t, oh f*ck!” . Poor man. I smirked and I knew this would be a funny one for my readers I just sit there and accept his money and drive away hunting the next fare....




Celibrities inside Taxi Dude's Cab! Some talk to me, some do not. One of my favorite famous persons to meet was Chris Wragge, a very professional taxi rider. Justin Ross Lee had a lot of interesting stuff to say, hes a smart guy, more of a local NYC celebrity. Here are a few more, Kelley Rutherford, Al Roker, Leonardo Dicaprio, Katerina Ivanovska, Amanda Hearst, Bryant Gumble.....Celebrities List:

No comments: